I make these veggie burgers in my George Foreman grill, but they could be fried or baked. They are quick and easy to make and very tasty. The patties are a little wet, but don't worry as they dry out as they cook.
Green Pepper & Corn Veggie BurgersWritten by Jacqueline Meldrum
January 03, 2012
Simple & tasty veggie burgers. Rice, corn & green pepper with a hint of spice.
- 1 cup steamed white rice cooked & cooled
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- ½ finely chopped white onion
- 1 heaped tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- a good grinding of black peppercorns
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 slices of wholemeal bread, whizzed into breadcrumbs
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the rice, bread, corn, green pepper, onion, black pepper, lemon juice, cumin & chilli powder.2. Shape the vegetable-rice mixture into 4-6 patties and refrigerate for 2 hours. 3. Place three of the patties at a time on a pre-heated grill or frying pan for 6-8 minutes or until well browned. I used my George Foreman grill.4. Place the patties in the hamburger buns & top with your choice of accompaniments. I lightly toasted the rolls before filling them.
(not including time to chill)
Yield: 4-6 burgers, depending on size
I am entering my Veggie burgers into Ren's new weekly blog challenge. Family Friendly Fridays. Ren will be collecting family friendly meals all week in a linky and then posting them after Friday.